Thursday 22 March 2012

Our Visit to the Marae

Yesterday, we went to Te Awamutu College and visited the Marae.

When we were there, we got to choose from 4 activity's, Poi, Clay Instruments, special Maori Artifacts and Rock Painting.
Here were our favourite things we did -

Briar - I did Rock Painting and Special Artifacts. My favourite activity was doing Rock Painting because I got to paint things.

Dylan - I did Rock Painting and Special Artifacts. My favourtie activity was painting the rocks because I liked to do the loveheart with a circle in the middle. I also liked playing duck duck goose.

Matthew - I did Poi and Rock Painting, my favourite was rock painting, because I got to paint.

Blake M - I did Rock Painting and Poi, my favourite was rock painting and playing duck duck goose.

Cameron - I did Rock Painting and Special Artifacts, my favourite was rock painting and playing duck duck goose.

Kayla - My activities were Rock Painting and Poi, I liked doing rock painting because you have to paint.

Olivia -  I like Rock Painting because you got to draw stuff then paint it on it. I also did Poi.

Maia - My favourite one was Rock Painting and looking at the Maori Artifacts.

Daphne - I did Rock Painting and Special Artifacts, my favourite was playing duck duck goose and rock painting.

Blake W. - I did rock painting and special artifcacts. My favourite was rock painting and playing duck duck goose.

We were so lucky to have a day in the Marae, it was so beautiful, there were so much to look at, lots of carvings in the walls which showed lots of history. There were warriors and important settlers in Te Awamutu.

We had such a fun day!

5 comments:

  1. I guess you had heaps of fun learning about maori history

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think the best part was THE WHOLE DAY! We got to do so many fun activities and we loved singing songs at the end!
    What was your favourite part?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are sooooooooo awesome from Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you likethe marae visit.

    ReplyDelete